The old Rotorua Bathhouse was built in 1903. After its closure, it was reopened as Rotorua's Museum of Arts and Culture.
This project involved the upgrading of the main foyer and included the provision of new visitor reception facilities. An area of the bathhouse where a number of old baths was located was also restored as a visitor attraction.
This project has been the recipient of several awards including the NZ Institute of Architects Regional Award 1997 and the Tasman Architectural Awards Heritage Category 1999 (Commended).